Our regulatory, compliance and quality food experts support businesses of all sizes in ensuring safe consistent food products that meet high quality standards that Canadians have come to expect. The industry is continuously challenged by evolving regulatory requirements related to ingredients, ingredient origins, labeling, claims, and packaging to help consumers make more informed choices. We help the industry meet food safety and quality requirements and challenges, navigate regulations, implement Good Manufacturing Practices, and provide ongoing support to stay ahead of the compliance curve delivered with personalized focus and flexibility.
Whether you are a small start-up or an established organization, food safety and compliance can be time consuming and challenging. Our tailored services offer the way to efficiently and cost effectively navigate through the regulatory and industry requirements for today, and to support your internal goals for continuous improvement in your food safety programs for tomorrow.
Facility / Operations Compliance
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Preventive Control Plan Development, Implementation, Maintenance and Re-Assessment
- Preparing for the Safe Food for Canadians Act/Regulations (SFCA/R)
- Preparing for Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Scheme Certification
- Internal Audits for GFSI Schemes
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF – Level 1, 2 and 3) Systems
- Temporary Market Authorization (TMA)
- CFIA Federal Establishment Registration
Food Safety / Food Science
- Nutrition Facts Table Review and Consultation (Canada & USA)
- Ingredient Compliance Verification
- Stability/Shelf Life
- Export and Import Licensing
- Allergen Control Program Consultation
- Food Pathogen Management and Control
- Validation Program Development
- Allowable Claims for Unique Ingredients or Formulas
- Post-Market Authorization Services
- Gap Analysis: Onsite review, written assessment and implementation guidance of your food safety program and quality management procedures for gaps or deficiencies. The analysis covers all activities from material intake, storage, processing and final product packaging through to crating for shipment.
- Employee Training: To assist employees to understand and execute your company’s written food safety plan and preparation for regulatory inspections
- CFIA Audit Preparation: Pre-assessment audit to address any issues prior to review
Import and Export
As an importer, you need to ensure that the food you import is safe to consume and meets Canadian requirements. Foreign products must conform with SFCA and CFIA regulations which obliges imported food be prepared with the same level of food safety controls as food prepared in Canada.
We help companies with the completion of Export and Import License registrations for USA, Europe & EU, Australia, Central and South America.
Temporary Market Authorization
- Food Additives
- Novel Foods
- Competency Quizzes
- Information sessions for Product Ideation, Design of Experiment for Product Development, Method Development and Best PD Laboratory Practices and Analysis of Results
Regulatory compliance and analytical testing go hand-in-hand when it comes to keeping your food products safe throughout the supply chain as well for monitoring domestic and imported food products. Whether you are running a small local food operation or involved with large-scale production, Canadian Analytical Laboratories provides the advanced analytical support you need to be fully and conﬁdently ensure quality and safety for your customers. Our in-house laboratory partner provides:
- Analytical Testing of bacterial identiﬁcation of food borne pathogens and Indicator Organisms
- Routine microbiological monitoring of food quality and manufacturing practices
- Shelf life evaluation